If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This enactment amends the Historic Sites and Monuments Act to increase the number of members of the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada and to provide for First Nations, Inuit and Métis representation on the Board. It also modifies the entitlements of Board members.
Available on the House of Commons website at the following address:
R.S., c. H-4
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
1 (1) The portion of subsection 4(1) of the Historic Sites and Monuments Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
4 (1) There is established a Board, to be called the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada, consisting of 19 members as follows:
(2) Subsection 4(1) of the Act is amended by striking out “and” at the end of paragraph (c), by adding “and’’ at the end of paragraph (d) and by adding the following after paragraph (d):
(e) a First Nation member, an Inuk and a Métis person, to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
2 (1) Subsections 5(1) and (2) of the English version of the Act are replaced by the following:
Designation of Chair
5 (1) The Governor in Council shall designate one of the members of the Board to be its Chair.
(2) The Board shall meet at least once in every calendar year at the call of the Chair, but the time and place of each meeting is subject to the approval of the Minister.
(2) Subsection 5(4) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(4) Ten members of the Board constitute a quorum.
3 Section 8 of the Act is replaced by the following:
8 (1) Each member of the Board appointed by the Governor in Council is to be paid the remuneration that is fixed by the Governor in Council.
Travel and living expenses
(2) Members of the Board are entitled to be paid, in accordance with Treasury Board directives, reasonable travel and living expenses incurred in the course of performing their duties under this Act while absent from their ordinary place of residence.
(3) The Chair of the Board and each member of the Board appointed by the Governor in Council is entitled to an annual allowance to be fixed by the Governor in Council in respect of administrative costs that are incurred in the course of performing their duties.
Published under authority of the Speaker of the House of Commons