If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
(Subsections 5(1) and (4) and 14(2))
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE APPLICATION OF THE ACT
1. A telecommunications service intended principally for the use of its provider and the provider’s household or employees and not by the public.
2. A telecommunications service intended principally for the sale or purchase of goods or services other than telecommunications services to the public.
3. A telecommunications service provided by a financial institution, as defined in section 2 of the Bank Act, that enables the business of banking, the trust, loan or insurance business, the business of a cooperative credit society or the business of dealing in securities or other business primarily related to the business of providing financial services.
1. Telecommunications service providers whose principal function is operating a registered charity within the meaning of the Income Tax Act, other than any service provider in a class listed in Schedule 2, or operating an educational institution other than a post-secondary institution, or operating a hospital, a place of worship, a retirement home or a telecommunications research network, only in respect of telecommunications services that they provide ancillary to their principal function.
2. Telecommunications service providers that are also broadcasting undertakings, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Broadcasting Act, only in respect of broadcasting.